- Global Markets: LNG Buyers in Asia Look to Resell Supply
- Global Oil & Gas: EU Rules on Methane Curbs May Boost LNG Industry - Exxon
- Global Oil & Gas: Venture Global Accused of Reneging on LNG Contracts for Europe
- Global Oil & Gas: Oil Unchanged as Market Struggles for Direction
- Energy Transition: Projections of peak oil, gas, and coal demand before 2030 deemed ‘extremely risky and impractical’
Total E&P South Africa has awarded Solstad Farstad a contract for one Large Anchor Handling Vessel (AHTS) Normand Ranger (2010, VS 491 Design) and one Platform Supply Vessel (PSV) Far Starling (2014, PSV 08 CD Design).
The contracts are to support Total E&P South Africa’s drilling campaign in Block 11B/12B for 1 well firm + 1 well option, which is expected to commence Q4 2018. The duration of the contracts are likely to be approx. 90 days for the firm well plus mobilization and demobilization time.
Both vessels are currently trading the North Sea Spot Market
CEO Lars Peder Solstad stated:
‘This is a very exciting project to be involved in so we are delighted to be chosen by Total to partner them on this remote harsh environment drilling campaign’.Source: Solstad Farstad