- Mozambique Mining: Communities paralyze Vale operation on Moatize Ii ACTIVITIES OF MINE II DA VALE IN MOATIZE
- Africa Oil & Gas: Nigerian Gas Tanker Explosion Kills At Least 35
- DR Congo: Exim Bank India Finances DRC Solar
- Zambia: Largest Solar Plant Complete
- Tanzania: Cabinet to Start Talks for $30B LNG Project
Total E&P South Africa has awarded Solstad Farstad a contract for one Large Anchor Handling Vessel (AHTS) Normand Ranger (2010, VS 491 Design) and one Platform Supply Vessel (PSV) Far Starling (2014, PSV 08 CD Design).
The contracts are to support Total E&P South Africa’s drilling campaign in Block 11B/12B for 1 well firm + 1 well option, which is expected to commence Q4 2018. The duration of the contracts are likely to be approx. 90 days for the firm well plus mobilization and demobilization time.
Both vessels are currently trading the North Sea Spot Market
CEO Lars Peder Solstad stated:
‘This is a very exciting project to be involved in so we are delighted to be chosen by Total to partner them on this remote harsh environment drilling campaign’.Source: Solstad Farstad