- Africa Mining: Malawi importing 65,000 tons of coal per year
- Mozambique Oil & Gas: Anadarko to spend $200 million pre-FID on Mozambique LNG project
- Markets: Natural Gas Markets Remain Ultra Tight
- Africa Oil & Gas: South Sudan Says Recovering Oil Production Boosts FX Reserves
- Global Gas Perspectives: LNG plant cost reduction between 2014 – 18
Italian oil company Eni will begin drilling an exploratory well at its Noor field in Egypt’s North Sinai in two months, Egyptian oil ministry spokesman Hamdi Abel Aziz told Reuters on Thursday.
Egypt’s cabinet approved the $105 million (80.32 million pounds) deal to explore the North Sinai region of the Mediterranean Sea in March.
Eni’s discovery of the giant Mediterranean gas field Zohr in 2015, estimated to hold about 30 trillion cubic feet of gas, has raised interest in gas exploration in Egypt.
The company has not said what level of reserves they expect Noor to contain, and the exploratory well will help to begin determine that, Abdelaziz said.