- Mozambique Mining: Communities paralyze Vale operation on Moatize Ii ACTIVITIES OF MINE II DA VALE IN MOATIZE
- Africa Oil & Gas: Nigerian Gas Tanker Explosion Kills At Least 35
- DR Congo: Exim Bank India Finances DRC Solar
- Zambia: Largest Solar Plant Complete
- Tanzania: Cabinet to Start Talks for $30B LNG Project
Italy’s tax police have searched the offices of oil major Eni as part of a probe into alleged corruption in the Republic of Congo, two sources familiar with the matter said.
The sources said the searches had occurred in past days.
Eni was not immediately available for a comment.
Eni said last year it was being investigated by Milan prosecutors for international corruption relating to agreements signed by its Congo subsidiary with the Congo Republic’s Ministry of Hydrocarbons in 2013 to 2015.
(The story was corrected to show the country is the Republic of Congo and not the Democratic Republic of Congo in the first paragraph)
(New York Times – Reporting by Emilio Parodi, writing by Stephen Jewkes)