- Mozambique Mining: Communities paralyze Vale operation on Moatize Ii ACTIVITIES OF MINE II DA VALE IN MOATIZE
- Africa Oil & Gas: Nigerian Gas Tanker Explosion Kills At Least 35
- DR Congo: Exim Bank India Finances DRC Solar
- Zambia: Largest Solar Plant Complete
- Tanzania: Cabinet to Start Talks for $30B LNG Project
The President of the Republic of Mozambique, Filipe Nyusi, for the first time since his appointment last January, met in Maputo Eni’s CEO Claudio Descalzi. The meeting was also an opportunity for Eni’s CEO to update the President on the progress of ongoing projects in Mozambique over the development of the Area 4, where resources of approximately 85 Trillion cubic feet of gas in place have been so far discovered.
Eni is developing an LNG project in Mozambique that includes a 2.5 Mtpa floating LNG unit. The company expects to reach FID on the project in 2015, Descalzi told last month at a conference in Houston.
He added that the cost of development makes Mozambique gas very competitive which makes it easier to ramp up production.
Eni’s FLNG unit will be followed by two onshore trains in the later stages of the project.
LNG World News Staff; Image: Eni