- Global Markets: LNG Buyers in Asia Look to Resell Supply
- Global Oil & Gas: EU Rules on Methane Curbs May Boost LNG Industry - Exxon
- Global Oil & Gas: Venture Global Accused of Reneging on LNG Contracts for Europe
- Global Oil & Gas: Oil Unchanged as Market Struggles for Direction
- Energy Transition: Projections of peak oil, gas, and coal demand before 2030 deemed ‘extremely risky and impractical’
GeoPartners, in partnership with the Petroleum Directorate of Sierra Leone, has announced a new 2D seismic survey offshore Sierra Leone to support the 4th Offshore Petroleum Licensing Round planned for later this year.
The survey will comprise of over 9000km of new data and cover the full extent of the offshore area available in the Licence Round. Acquisition is planned to commence after completion of the necessary regulatory approvals and a subset of the data will be available for companies participating in the Licence Round.
Jim Gulland, Director, GeoPartners, said:‘We are proud to have been awarded this contract by the Petroleum Directorate to support their ongoing exploration efforts and specifically the forthcoming Licence Round. The new survey is the first to cover the entire offshore area from shallow to ultra- deep water, providing ties to all existing wells and allowing a complete evaluation of the available acreage. Sierra Leone has proven oil discoveries and this new long offset survey will highlight the potential of this underexplored area’.kSource: GeoPartners