- Mozambique Mining: Communities paralyze Vale operation on Moatize Ii ACTIVITIES OF MINE II DA VALE IN MOATIZE
- Africa Oil & Gas: Nigerian Gas Tanker Explosion Kills At Least 35
- DR Congo: Exim Bank India Finances DRC Solar
- Zambia: Largest Solar Plant Complete
- Tanzania: Cabinet to Start Talks for $30B LNG Project
Hidroeléctrica de Cahora Bassa (HCB), the EDM-owned company which owns the giant hydropower plant in Tete province on the Zambezi river, will list on Mozambique’s stock exchange, the BVM, by the end of Q1 2019, BVM head Salim Vala said yesterday quoted by State-run newspaper Noticias. It wants to sell 7.5% of its shares to Mozambican investors.
The planned listing was announced in November 2017 and was supposed to happen by May last year. The funds raised – which could be as much as $60 million – will be reinvested in the power plant, and may be accounted for as repaying part of EDM’s debt to the company.source: Zitamar.com