- Global Markets: LNG Buyers in Asia Look to Resell Supply
- Global Oil & Gas: EU Rules on Methane Curbs May Boost LNG Industry - Exxon
- Global Oil & Gas: Venture Global Accused of Reneging on LNG Contracts for Europe
- Global Oil & Gas: Oil Unchanged as Market Struggles for Direction
- Energy Transition: Projections of peak oil, gas, and coal demand before 2030 deemed ‘extremely risky and impractical’
Zambia has received bids from Canada’s First Quantum Minerals (FQM) and others for a 17 percent stake in state mining investment arm ZCCM-IH, the finance minister said on Tuesday.
“There are multiple unsolicited offers on the table, including from FQM, which are based on preferential share conversions,” said Margaret Mwanakatwe on the sidelines of a mining conference in Cape Town.
“The offers relate to the ministry’s 17 percent holding in ZCCM-IH and a sale would be subject to cabinet approval,” she said.
(By Barbara Lewis, Zandi Shabalala and Chris Mfula; Editing by Edmund Blair)