- Global Markets: LNG Buyers in Asia Look to Resell Supply
- Global Oil & Gas: EU Rules on Methane Curbs May Boost LNG Industry - Exxon
- Global Oil & Gas: Venture Global Accused of Reneging on LNG Contracts for Europe
- Global Oil & Gas: Oil Unchanged as Market Struggles for Direction
- Energy Transition: Projections of peak oil, gas, and coal demand before 2030 deemed ‘extremely risky and impractical’
China’s electricity consumption rose to 6.84 trillion kilowatt hours in 2018, hitting a six-year high of 8.5 percent year on year, the Xinhua news agency reported on Tuesday, citing official data.
The rise in consumption was led by China’s manufacturing industry and services sector, Xinhua reported, citing Yu Chongde, vice president at the China Electricity Council.
Last year the council had forecast China’s power consumption to rise 5.5 percent in 2018 on economic growth and pollution curbs.