- Global Markets: LNG Buyers in Asia Look to Resell Supply
- Global Oil & Gas: EU Rules on Methane Curbs May Boost LNG Industry - Exxon
- Global Oil & Gas: Venture Global Accused of Reneging on LNG Contracts for Europe
- Global Oil & Gas: Oil Unchanged as Market Struggles for Direction
- Energy Transition: Projections of peak oil, gas, and coal demand before 2030 deemed ‘extremely risky and impractical’
The price of spot liquefied natural gas contracted in Japan has continued to climb during the month of November.
According to the monthly report by the Japanese Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry, spot LNG price contracted in November edged up 1 percent over October 2018, from $10.7 per mmBtu to $10.8 per mmBtu.
Compared to the corresponding month in 2017, when the contract-based price reached $9 per mmBtu, the increase was 20 percent, the data shows.
The price of spot LNG arriving into Japan during November has shown a higher increase with November prices averaging $11.5 per mmBtu, 8.5 percent up on October 2018 and 62 percent up on the corresponding month last year.
Only spot LNG cargoes are taken into account in this assessments, excluding short, medium and long-term contract cargoes, as well as those linked to a particular price index.
LNG World News Staff