- Mozambique Mining: Communities paralyze Vale operation on Moatize Ii ACTIVITIES OF MINE II DA VALE IN MOATIZE
- Africa Oil & Gas: Nigerian Gas Tanker Explosion Kills At Least 35
- DR Congo: Exim Bank India Finances DRC Solar
- Zambia: Largest Solar Plant Complete
- Tanzania: Cabinet to Start Talks for $30B LNG Project
Chinese mining company Ding Sheng Minerals plans to process 20,000 tonnes of ore per day at two new developments in Chibuto, Gaza province, in southern Mozambique, according to a communique released yesterday.
“According to the initial project of this venture, Ding Sheng Minerals will install two ore processing plants, each with a capacity of 10,000 tonnes a day,” the press release reads.
The target was set at a December 6 meeting of shareholders’ representatives in Gaza.
During its 25-year concession, Ding Sheng expects to extract one million tonnes of ilmenite (titanium oxide and iron) annually, in addition to heavy sands. The company plans to build a road to transport heavy sands from the mine in the Chibuto district.
When the project is completed, it will have effectively employed around 5,000 workers, 80% of whom will be Mozambicans, the document adds. Currently, Ding Sheng Minerals employs about 1,000 workers.
The Ding Sheng Minerals heavy sands enterprise is jointly owned by the AFFEC Group (China), with 85% of the capital, and the Mozambican Mining Company, [EMEM – Empresa Moçambicana de Exploração Mineira, S.A.] with the remaining 15%. Source: Lusa