- Mozambique Mining: Communities paralyze Vale operation on Moatize Ii ACTIVITIES OF MINE II DA VALE IN MOATIZE
- Africa Oil & Gas: Nigerian Gas Tanker Explosion Kills At Least 35
- DR Congo: Exim Bank India Finances DRC Solar
- Zambia: Largest Solar Plant Complete
- Tanzania: Cabinet to Start Talks for $30B LNG Project
Côte d’Ivoire plans to double gold production by 2025, its VP said on Monday, as the west African country strives to revive its long-neglected mining sector.
Côte d’Ivoire, the world’s top cocoa producer, is seeking to diversify revenues by increasing gold output from 25 t last year to 50 t between 2020 and 2025, said Daniel Kablan Duncan at the opening of an Ecowas meeting on mining and petroleum in the commercial capital Abidjan.
Mining sector turnover rose by 11.5% in 2017, an increase achieved mainly via exports of gold, manganese