- Global Markets: LNG Buyers in Asia Look to Resell Supply
- Global Oil & Gas: EU Rules on Methane Curbs May Boost LNG Industry - Exxon
- Global Oil & Gas: Venture Global Accused of Reneging on LNG Contracts for Europe
- Global Oil & Gas: Oil Unchanged as Market Struggles for Direction
- Energy Transition: Projections of peak oil, gas, and coal demand before 2030 deemed ‘extremely risky and impractical’
Liquefied natural gas (LNG) use by Japan’s power companies rose by 7.7 percent in August when compared to the same month a year ago, the preliminary data from the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry shows.
The power companies consumed 4.96 million mt of LNG in August as compared to 4.60 million mt in the same month last year.
Total generation by the power companies reached 84.4 billion kWh in August, up 2.2 kWh year-on-year.
Power generated by LNG stood at 36.99 billion kWh in the month under review as compared to 33.7 billion kWh in August 2017.
LNG World News Staff