- Mozambique Mining: Communities paralyze Vale operation on Moatize Ii ACTIVITIES OF MINE II DA VALE IN MOATIZE
- Africa Oil & Gas: Nigerian Gas Tanker Explosion Kills At Least 35
- DR Congo: Exim Bank India Finances DRC Solar
- Zambia: Largest Solar Plant Complete
- Tanzania: Cabinet to Start Talks for $30B LNG Project
Mozambican investors are involved in gold prospecting in Mitoro, Marrupa district, Niassa, Radio Mozambique reports.
Their involvement there, which began last August, aims to determine the quantity and quality of the ore in the area.
Marrupa district administrator Adelina Anguiraze said that the first samples have been collected and sent to South Africa for laboratory analysis.
“There are some fellow citizens mining illegally there, and we are currently maintaining order there, because they are in the concession area or in the reserve area. There is a natural resource protection force there working to restore order,” Anguiraze said.
Source: Rádio Moçambique