- Africa Energy: Zimbabwe Mnangagwa's Cabinet meeting disrupted by power cuts
- Africa Mining: "Increased urgency to improve SA mine health, safety" – Mineral Resources Minister
- Africa Energy: AfDB to provide €229m for Rwanda electricity programme
- Mozambique Mining: Indian Sol Mineração to start coal exploration by 2019
- Global Markets: Oil Traders Said to Mull Nigerian Proposal to Prolong Fuels Swap
Swedish companies and ANADARKO met in a business breakfast at the Swedish residence to discuss collaboration in the Liquified Natural Gas industry.
According to the Ambassador of Sweden, Marie Andersson de Frutos, more that selling products, Swedish companies must showcase their business model based on sustainability and Corporate Social Responsibility.
In his speech, Staffan Arbring, Trade Commissioner at Business Sweden, spoke about the mandate of Business Sweden and the way business Sweden can support companies in Mozambique and stressed the need for companies and Business Sweden to collaborate to take advantage of business opportunities.
ANADARKO recently announced that it will spend approximately USD 2.5 billion in the purchase of local goods and services in Mozambique. Ben Cavel, Local Content Manager, spoke different phases of the LNG project, local content and clarified different questions by Swedish companies. Presentations on ANADARKO´ procurement process and CSR projects were also held.