- Mozambique Mining: Communities paralyze Vale operation on Moatize Ii ACTIVITIES OF MINE II DA VALE IN MOATIZE
- Africa Oil & Gas: Nigerian Gas Tanker Explosion Kills At Least 35
- DR Congo: Exim Bank India Finances DRC Solar
- Zambia: Largest Solar Plant Complete
- Tanzania: Cabinet to Start Talks for $30B LNG Project
Work undertaken at the Lagos Deep Offshore Logistics Base in Nigeria on Total’s $3.3 billion Egina FPSO is complete. The vessel departed the base and set sail for the three-day trip to the Egina deepwater oilfield and is now on location.
According to a report by The Nation, Nicolas Terraz, Country Chair and Managing Director of Total E&P Nigeria Limited said: “The sail away of the Egina FPSO to its final location offshore is a major milestone towards the completion of the project.” Terraz went on to say that with this achievement the company was on track to see crude flows by the end of 2018.
Since its arrival on site crews have been working to connect subsea facilities. Once production begins, it is expected to contribute 200,000 bpd of crude oil to Nigeria’s daily output.