- Mozambique Mining: Communities paralyze Vale operation on Moatize Ii ACTIVITIES OF MINE II DA VALE IN MOATIZE
- Africa Oil & Gas: Nigerian Gas Tanker Explosion Kills At Least 35
- DR Congo: Exim Bank India Finances DRC Solar
- Zambia: Largest Solar Plant Complete
- Tanzania: Cabinet to Start Talks for $30B LNG Project
Mozambique’s police force said on Tuesday that the security situation in the north of the country was “under control” in a region where villages have frequently been attacked and burnt by unknown armed groups.
Police spokesman Dina was speaking in Maputo on Tuesday at a press conference following the latest attack last Friday.
He said the police were still there on the ground in conjunction with the other defence and security forces.
Last Friday evening a group of armed men attacked the remote village of Ilala, in Cabo Delgado province local authorities told Lusa.
There were no victims but dozens of homes were destroyed.Source: Lusa