- Global Markets: OPEC+ Said to Weigh Bigger Production Cut
- Global Industry: The Market is Overreacting
- Africa Oil & Gas: Angola oil output grows to 1.533 Mi barrels per day in October
- Mozambique Oil & Gas: Finance minister defends loan guarantee for ENH
- Africa Oil & Gas: Nigeria To Lift Crude Oil Production To 1.8 Million Bpd In 2019
The commercial promotion of natural gas to be extracted over the next decade in the Rovuma basin in northern Mozambique is one of the issues on the agenda of the Minister of Mineral Resources and Energy of Mozambique on a visit to Thailand, the Ministry said in a statement released in Maputo.
The statement said Minister Max Tonela will try to secure from the Thai authorities the sale of 2.6 million tons of liquefied natural gas (LNG) that was negotiated with the consortium of the Area 1 block, led by the US group Anadarko Petroleum.
The Minister of Mineral Resources and Energy will also assess the degree of compliance with the memorandum of understanding signed with Thailand.
The Area 1 consortium includes PTTEP Mozambique Area 1 Limited, a subsidiary of Thai state group PTT Exploration and Production, which in 2012 acquired an 8.5% stake in Irish company Cove Energy.
Also present in Mozambique is the Thai group Ital-Thai Development, through its subsidiary Thai Mozambique Logística, involved in the construction of the Moatize-Macuse Logistics Corridor, which will establish a rail link between the provinces of Tete and Zambézia. (source: macauhub)