- Global Markets: LNG Buyers in Asia Look to Resell Supply
- Global Oil & Gas: EU Rules on Methane Curbs May Boost LNG Industry - Exxon
- Global Oil & Gas: Venture Global Accused of Reneging on LNG Contracts for Europe
- Global Oil & Gas: Oil Unchanged as Market Struggles for Direction
- Energy Transition: Projections of peak oil, gas, and coal demand before 2030 deemed ‘extremely risky and impractical’
Vale Mocambique coal production totaled 2.9Mt in 2Q18, 18.1% higher than 1Q18 and 5.5% lower than 2Q17, as the adverse conditions in Tete, Moatize mine site in 1Q18 were only overcome during the first part of 2Q18, preventing a faster recovery in the quarter.
The lower production compared to 2Q17 was mainly due to the difference in the coal seams fed to the plants.
In 2Q18 new trucks and excavators were received and are being assembled to support the increase in production volume in 2H18.
Vale production of metallurgical coal was 1.6 Mt, 11.3% higher than 1Q18 and 23.9% lower than 2Q17. Thermal coal production was 1.3 Mt, 27.3% higher than 1Q18 and 32.9% higher than 2Q17.
Company sales totaled 2.5 Mt, in line with 1Q18 and 19.6% lower than 2Q17, as the lagged impact of higher production in 2Q18 will be felt in 3Q18.source: Vale