- Africa Mining: Malawi importing 65,000 tons of coal per year
- Mozambique Oil & Gas: Anadarko to spend $200 million pre-FID on Mozambique LNG project
- Markets: Natural Gas Markets Remain Ultra Tight
- Africa Oil & Gas: South Sudan Says Recovering Oil Production Boosts FX Reserves
- Global Gas Perspectives: LNG plant cost reduction between 2014 – 18
Vale Mocambique coal production totaled 2.9Mt in 2Q18, 18.1% higher than 1Q18 and 5.5% lower than 2Q17, as the adverse conditions in Tete, Moatize mine site in 1Q18 were only overcome during the first part of 2Q18, preventing a faster recovery in the quarter.
The lower production compared to 2Q17 was mainly due to the difference in the coal seams fed to the plants.
In 2Q18 new trucks and excavators were received and are being assembled to support the increase in production volume in 2H18.
Vale production of metallurgical coal was 1.6 Mt, 11.3% higher than 1Q18 and 23.9% lower than 2Q17. Thermal coal production was 1.3 Mt, 27.3% higher than 1Q18 and 32.9% higher than 2Q17.
Company sales totaled 2.5 Mt, in line with 1Q18 and 19.6% lower than 2Q17, as the lagged impact of higher production in 2Q18 will be felt in 3Q18.source: Vale