- Global Markets: "Oil Demand and Supply Close to New Peaks" - IEA
- Global Oil & Gas: Liquidity fuels LNG storage growth
- Global Markets: Saudis may use kingdom's oil wealth as political weapon
- Africa Oil & Gas: One step forward, two back in Libya
- Industry Analysis: "Is Egypt Undergoing A Natural Gas Renaissance?" - GGP
SOCO has entered into a sale and purchase agreement (the SPA) with Quill Trading Corp and WMLC Resources to sell its entire shareholding in SOCO Cabinda for a total cash consideration of up to US$5 million.
SOCO’s 85 percent owned subsidiary SOCO Cabinda, holds a 22 percent, non-operating, working interest in the PSC for the Cabinda North Block on shore the Angolan Cabinda enclave.
The completion of the SPA is conditional, inter alia, upon receipt of customary approvals. The long stop date for satisfaction or, where applicable, waiver of the SPA conditions is 31 July 2018.
Ed Story, President and Chief Executive Officer, commented:
‘The sale of SOCO’s interests in the Cabinda North Block further demonstrates our commitment to portfolio rationalisation, which forms a key part of the Group’s strategy. This transaction completes our previously announced plans to divest from all our current African interests. We look forward to the future and continue to assess new opportunities to further grow and strengthen the business’.
Source: SOCO International