- Markets: Global LNG Demand to Outperform
- Africa Mining: Zambian mining group says tax changes will hit mineral exploration
- Global Markets: Oil Steady as Data Shows Drop in Inventories
- Africa Oil & Gas: Shell, Equinor Commit to Tanzania LNG, wait for Govt approval
- Africa Oil & Gas: Nigerian Senate to Probe $3.5 Billion Spent by State Oil Firm
Japan’s LNG imports were up 2.7% year on year in May, provisional data published by the country’s finance ministry June 18 show.
The world’s biggest LNG buyer imported 6.4mn metric tons of LNG last month. The total value of imports was $3.2bn, up 13% year on year, reflecting higher prices per mn Btu as Dated Brent has gone up sharply since. Last year, Japan’s LNG imports were 83.63mn metric tons, up 0.4% year on year, ahead of China which last year overtook South Korea.