- Global Oil & Gas: 10 things you need might know about natural gas
- Mozambique Extractives: "Natural resources to be used in social justice" - President Nyusi
- Africa Oil & Gas: Sudan Wants ONGC Videsh To Withdraw Arbitration Over Oil Payment Dues
- Global Industry: Oilfield Service Sector to Hit Pre-Downturn Market Levels by 2024
- Mozambique Mining: Govt promotes fairs for the legal sale of precious stones
CGG has completed acquisition of 15,400 km2 of 3D marine seismic data in the outer Zambezi Delta Basin, west of the Beira High. The survey area covers Blocks Z5-C and Z5-D and surrounding non-held acreage.
This is the first survey to be conducted following the agreement CGG signed with Mozambique’s Instituto Nacional de Petroleo (INP) in 2017 for the acquisition of a new multi-client program.
The fast-track PreSTM data set will be available in Q4 2018 in anticipation of a licence round during 2019 and final PreSDM deliverables will be made available in Q4 2019. A JumpStart integrated geoscience package will complement the survey to help accelerate industry understanding of the petroleum systems in the area.
As part of CGG’s commitment to sustainability and high environmental standards, Sercel’s QuietSea advanced integrated passive acoustic monitoring system was deployed on the survey vessel to ensure best-in-class monitoring of marine mammals in the environmentally sensitive Mozambique Channel.
Sophie Zurquiyah, CEO, CGG, said:
‘This advanced 3D survey is being imaged with our latest subsurface imaging technologies. Combined with our JumpStart integrated geoscience program, regional coverage from our 2017 East Africa Robertson Study, and the Robertson New Ventures Suite, it will support INP’s promotion of the potential in the deepwater Zambezi Delta Basin and the west flank of the Beira High. This full package will also provide interested industry companies with the information required to confidently de-risk the full Paleozoic, Mesozoic and Cenozoic series in this exciting new exploration area.’Source: CGG