- Mozambique Mining: Communities paralyze Vale operation on Moatize Ii ACTIVITIES OF MINE II DA VALE IN MOATIZE
- Africa Oil & Gas: Nigerian Gas Tanker Explosion Kills At Least 35
- DR Congo: Exim Bank India Finances DRC Solar
- Zambia: Largest Solar Plant Complete
- Tanzania: Cabinet to Start Talks for $30B LNG Project
Democratic Republic of Congo’s (DRC’s) revenues from its mining sector tripled year-on-year in the first quarter of 2018 to $397.86-million, finance ministry data showed.
Revenues from the oil and gas sector dropped 10.87 percent year-on-year in the first quarter to $29.45-million, according to the data.
Congo is Africa’s top copper producer and the world’s leading miner of cobalt. It also produces about 25 000 barrels per day of oil along its Atlantic coast.source: Reuters