- Markets: Global LNG Demand to Outperform
- Africa Mining: Zambian mining group says tax changes will hit mineral exploration
- Global Markets: Oil Steady as Data Shows Drop in Inventories
- Africa Oil & Gas: Shell, Equinor Commit to Tanzania LNG, wait for Govt approval
- Africa Oil & Gas: Nigerian Senate to Probe $3.5 Billion Spent by State Oil Firm
Democratic Republic of Congo produced 296 717 t of copper in the first quarter of 2018, up 8.2% over the same period last year, the central bank said in a report on Thursday.
Cobalt production in the first quarter of 2018 rose 34.4% to 23 921 t, the bank said.
Gold production in the first quarter of 2018 rose 9.7% to 8 549 kg, the bank said.
Congo is Africa’s top copper producer and the world’s leading miner of cobalt, a key ingredient in batteries for electric cars and other electronics.source: Reuters