- Africa Energy: Zimbabwe Mnangagwa's Cabinet meeting disrupted by power cuts
- Africa Mining: "Increased urgency to improve SA mine health, safety" – Mineral Resources Minister
- Africa Energy: AfDB to provide €229m for Rwanda electricity programme
- Mozambique Mining: Indian Sol Mineração to start coal exploration by 2019
- Global Markets: Oil Traders Said to Mull Nigerian Proposal to Prolong Fuels Swap
Montepuez Ruby Mining (MRM) sent a letter dated May 3, 2018 where it says that “the [previous] CIP report is not accurate in certain very relevant information that lead the reader to ambiguous inferences.” In parallel to the publication of the MRM letter, CIP produced this complementary note that aims to answer the points raised by MRM and inform the public, because the letter from the mining company presents flawed justification and questionable data.
In its note CIP shows that MRM has been unable to provide data that would fully inform the public regarding this lucrative ruby business. Furthermore, the MRM data contradict the information from the Government regarding the revenue it collects from this activity. Read the full text