- Mozambique Mining: Communities paralyze Vale operation on Moatize Ii ACTIVITIES OF MINE II DA VALE IN MOATIZE
- Africa Oil & Gas: Nigerian Gas Tanker Explosion Kills At Least 35
- DR Congo: Exim Bank India Finances DRC Solar
- Zambia: Largest Solar Plant Complete
- Tanzania: Cabinet to Start Talks for $30B LNG Project
The Area 1 partners are preparing to hold meetings with commercial banks in May to gauge lender appetite for their 12.88-MMt/y Mozambique LNG project as offtake arrangements are nearly complete.
They will seek around $14 billion-$15 billion in debt for the Anadarko-led mega-project, the second liquefaction scheme in Mozambique to seek financing, after 3.4-MMt/y Eni-led Coral South FLNG reached financial close last year. Read more here…