- Mozambique Mining: Communities paralyze Vale operation on Moatize Ii ACTIVITIES OF MINE II DA VALE IN MOATIZE
- Africa Oil & Gas: Nigerian Gas Tanker Explosion Kills At Least 35
- DR Congo: Exim Bank India Finances DRC Solar
- Zambia: Largest Solar Plant Complete
- Tanzania: Cabinet to Start Talks for $30B LNG Project
The World Federation of Diamond Bourses (WFDB) and the International Diamond Manufacturers Association (IDMA) have cancelled this year’s World Diamond Congress, which was due to be held in Tel Aviv, Israel, in June, as a result of a weak response to registration for the event.
The organisations noted that registrations were, in part, influenced by the rising tensions in the region.
“It is with very great regret that we have reached the decision to cancel the congress. We had a full agenda of issues regarding the state of the global diamond industry and preparations were in full swing,” WFDB president Ernie Blom and IDMA president Ronnie Van der Linden said in a joint statement this week.
The congress, which is the biennial gathering of the WFDB and IDMA, will be held at a later date which will be determined in the near future.source: miningweekly.com