- Global Markets: LNG Buyers in Asia Look to Resell Supply
- Global Oil & Gas: EU Rules on Methane Curbs May Boost LNG Industry - Exxon
- Global Oil & Gas: Venture Global Accused of Reneging on LNG Contracts for Europe
- Global Oil & Gas: Oil Unchanged as Market Struggles for Direction
- Energy Transition: Projections of peak oil, gas, and coal demand before 2030 deemed ‘extremely risky and impractical’
Botswana Diamonds has signed a memorandum of understanding with Vast Resources for the exchange of information derived from past exploration on areas prospective for diamonds in Zimbabwe.
The parties will also establish a jointly owned special purpose vehicle for developing and exploiting diamond resources in Zimbabwe.
In 2008, Vast acquired a database relating to diamonds in Zimbabwe and had, until 2010, carried out its own exploration in the field using information from the database.
In turn, Botswana Diamonds independently acquired a Zimbabwe diamond database and, along with the company’s networks, has expertise in diamond exploration, development and mining.
Botswana Diamonds chairperson John Teeling commented that Zimbabwe is a country with excellent diamond potential. “Both Botswana Diamonds and Vast have extensive experience in and knowledge of the country.
It is opening for business and both companies are keen to make the most of this opportunity.”source: mining.com