The city of Maputo hosts the 6th Mozambique Mining, Oil & Gas & Energy Conference and Exhibition (MMEC) on 25 and 26 April.
Over two days, 72 speakers from 20 countries and representatives of over 130 companies will discuss the latest developments in the extractive industry in Mozambique, focusing on mining geological potential.
A press release indicates that the event is themed, “Developing Mozambique’s Natural Resources for Enhanced Industrialisation and Value Addition in theCountry”.
Among the key speakers are His Excellency Mahaman Laouan Gaya, Executive Secretary, African Petroleum Producers Organisation; ANTOINE CHEVRIER
High Commissioner, Canadian High Commission; Mateus Magala, Chairman and CEO, EDM; Omar Mithá, Chairman & CEO, ENH; Paul Eardley-Taylor, Head of Oil & Gas Southern Africa, Standard Bank; Bruno Morgado,Chief Executive Officer, Matola Gas Company; Geert Klok, Deputy General Manager, GK Ancuabe Graphite Mines, S.A.; Andreas F Ziegler-Mendonça, Managing Director, SwissSolar; Friedrich Kaufmann, Resident Representative, German-Mozambican Chamber of Commerce and Industry (AHK); Jos Evens, Lead Country Manager, ExxonMobil; Steve Wilson, Vice President & Country Manager, Anadarko.
The Minister of Mineral Resources and Energy of Mozambique Ernesto Max Elias Tonela will make the opening address.
Building on the success of the previous five editions, some of the following topics will be discussed and run in three simultaneous industry sessions at MMEC 2018:
· LNG Markets: Impact on current project and gas monetization strategies for the future
· Mozambique’s Oil & Gas Exploration outlook: E&P Plans Post 5th Licensing round
· Roundtable: Adding Value: Local Content in Oil and Gas: An obstacle or a necessity for a sustainable Oil and Gas industry
· Gas Infrastructure Challenges/opportunities: Resettlement Plan
· Roundtable: Adding value to mineral resources vs local content: Where are we now and how we can best move forward?
· Mozambique Coal: A look into current and upcoming projects
· Updates on other emerging Mining projects
· Regional integration: How Mozambique can position itself to be a leading energy provider in the region
· Renewable Energies: Potential, Policies and Investment Opportunities
· Roundtable: Rural Electrification: What solutions exist and how they can be applied
The 6th Mozambique Mining, Oil & Gas & Energy Conference and Exhibition (MMEC) is organised by AME Trade Ltd, in collaboration with ENH and will take place from 25 to 26 April 2018 at the Joaquim Chissano Conference Centre in Maputo.
- Go to www.ametrade.org/mozmec for more information.