- Mozambique Oil & Gas: Anadarko working on SPAs for Rovuma Area 1 block
- Africa Oil & Gas: Global Petroleum increases Namibian footprint
- Africa Oil & Gas: Saipem found guilty, Eni acquitted in Algeria graft case
- Africa Oil & Gas: BP Oil-Buying Spree Jolts Sleepy West African Crude Market
- Mozambique Energy: Cahora Bassa hydroelectric plant to invest €500 million in 10 years
The power cut on Tuesday in the central and northern parts of the country caused financial damages to the company Hidroeléctrica de Cahora-Bassa (HCB) close to US$1Million.
Information was advanced in Maputo by the director of the Office of the Board of Directors of HCB.
Luis Canhemba explained that a technical intervention in the power station of the Cahora-Bassa dam was behind the five hours blackout
HCB is developing an investment program, called Capex Vital, which aims to restore the vitality of the electric power system which, according to Luis Canhemba, is at the limit of its useful life. source: RM