- Mozambique Mining: Communities paralyze Vale operation on Moatize Ii ACTIVITIES OF MINE II DA VALE IN MOATIZE
- Africa Oil & Gas: Nigerian Gas Tanker Explosion Kills At Least 35
- DR Congo: Exim Bank India Finances DRC Solar
- Zambia: Largest Solar Plant Complete
- Tanzania: Cabinet to Start Talks for $30B LNG Project
The power cut on Tuesday in the central and northern parts of the country caused financial damages to the company Hidroeléctrica de Cahora-Bassa (HCB) close to US$1Million.
Information was advanced in Maputo by the director of the Office of the Board of Directors of HCB.
Luis Canhemba explained that a technical intervention in the power station of the Cahora-Bassa dam was behind the five hours blackout
HCB is developing an investment program, called Capex Vital, which aims to restore the vitality of the electric power system which, according to Luis Canhemba, is at the limit of its useful life. source: RM