- Global Oil & Gas: 10 things you need might know about natural gas
- Mozambique Extractives: "Natural resources to be used in social justice" - President Nyusi
- Africa Oil & Gas: Sudan Wants ONGC Videsh To Withdraw Arbitration Over Oil Payment Dues
- Global Industry: Oilfield Service Sector to Hit Pre-Downturn Market Levels by 2024
- Mozambique Mining: Govt promotes fairs for the legal sale of precious stones
Local media in the Democratic Republic of Congo are reporting the passing of at least 40 people following a landslide at an artisanal gold mine.
The accident is said to have taken place in the town of Nyange, located in the eastern province of South Kivu.
According to witnesses quoted by different websites, police, the armed forces and traditional chiefs, among other groups, are helping in the emergency and have been able to recover six bodies.
If the accident is confirmed, it would be the deadliest in the area. Back in December 2016, 20 artisanal miners were killed in the Fizi district following the collapse of a quarry caused by heavy rains.source: mining.com