- Mozambique Mining: Communities paralyze Vale operation on Moatize Ii ACTIVITIES OF MINE II DA VALE IN MOATIZE
- Africa Oil & Gas: Nigerian Gas Tanker Explosion Kills At Least 35
- DR Congo: Exim Bank India Finances DRC Solar
- Zambia: Largest Solar Plant Complete
- Tanzania: Cabinet to Start Talks for $30B LNG Project
Local media in the Democratic Republic of Congo are reporting the passing of at least 40 people following a landslide at an artisanal gold mine.
The accident is said to have taken place in the town of Nyange, located in the eastern province of South Kivu.
According to witnesses quoted by different websites, police, the armed forces and traditional chiefs, among other groups, are helping in the emergency and have been able to recover six bodies.
If the accident is confirmed, it would be the deadliest in the area. Back in December 2016, 20 artisanal miners were killed in the Fizi district following the collapse of a quarry caused by heavy rains.source: mining.com