- Mozambique Mining: Communities paralyze Vale operation on Moatize Ii ACTIVITIES OF MINE II DA VALE IN MOATIZE
- Africa Oil & Gas: Nigerian Gas Tanker Explosion Kills At Least 35
- DR Congo: Exim Bank India Finances DRC Solar
- Zambia: Largest Solar Plant Complete
- Tanzania: Cabinet to Start Talks for $30B LNG Project
Last year, for the first time, global solar capacity grew faster than fossil fuels for the first time. Renewable energy accounted for three-fifths of total net power capacity growth in 2017.
Today, renewables now account for 12 percent of total electricity generation, double the share from 2010.
Costs for solar and wind are falling dramatically and are increasingly competitive with coal and gas in much of the world.