- Mozambique Mining: Communities paralyze Vale operation on Moatize Ii ACTIVITIES OF MINE II DA VALE IN MOATIZE
- Africa Oil & Gas: Nigerian Gas Tanker Explosion Kills At Least 35
- DR Congo: Exim Bank India Finances DRC Solar
- Zambia: Largest Solar Plant Complete
- Tanzania: Cabinet to Start Talks for $30B LNG Project
Battery Minerals has doubled the mineral resource estimate at its Balama graphite project, in Mozambique.
The company on Thursday reported that the mineral resource now stood at 32.9-million tons, at 10.2% total graphitic carbon, with 26.6-million tonnes, at a grade of 10.3% total graphitic carbon, of the resource classified as indicated.
The updated mineral resource estimate followed a 1 600 m diamond drilling campaign.
Battery Minerals MD David Flanagan told shareholders that the increase in the mineral resource estimate was an outstanding result.
A recent scoping study on the Balama Central projectconsidered a 55 000 t/y Stage 1 operation, increasing to 110 000 t/y during Stage 2. The project is currently undergoing a feasibility study.source: miningweekly.com