- Opinion: Who Holds Control on Oil Price -Just These Three Men
- Africa Mining: Malawi importing 65,000 tons of coal per year
- Mozambique Oil & Gas: Anadarko to spend $200 million pre-FID on Mozambique LNG project
- Markets: Natural Gas Markets Remain Ultra Tight
- Africa Oil & Gas: South Sudan Says Recovering Oil Production Boosts FX Reserves
Battery Minerals has doubled the mineral resource estimate at its Balama graphite project, in Mozambique.
The company on Thursday reported that the mineral resource now stood at 32.9-million tons, at 10.2% total graphitic carbon, with 26.6-million tonnes, at a grade of 10.3% total graphitic carbon, of the resource classified as indicated.
The updated mineral resource estimate followed a 1 600 m diamond drilling campaign.
Battery Minerals MD David Flanagan told shareholders that the increase in the mineral resource estimate was an outstanding result.
A recent scoping study on the Balama Central projectconsidered a 55 000 t/y Stage 1 operation, increasing to 110 000 t/y during Stage 2. The project is currently undergoing a feasibility study.source: miningweekly.com