- Global Oil & Gas: 10 things you need might know about natural gas
- Mozambique Extractives: "Natural resources to be used in social justice" - President Nyusi
- Africa Oil & Gas: Sudan Wants ONGC Videsh To Withdraw Arbitration Over Oil Payment Dues
- Global Industry: Oilfield Service Sector to Hit Pre-Downturn Market Levels by 2024
- Mozambique Mining: Govt promotes fairs for the legal sale of precious stones
Battery Minerals has doubled the mineral resource estimate at its Balama graphite project, in Mozambique.
The company on Thursday reported that the mineral resource now stood at 32.9-million tons, at 10.2% total graphitic carbon, with 26.6-million tonnes, at a grade of 10.3% total graphitic carbon, of the resource classified as indicated.
The updated mineral resource estimate followed a 1 600 m diamond drilling campaign.
Battery Minerals MD David Flanagan told shareholders that the increase in the mineral resource estimate was an outstanding result.
A recent scoping study on the Balama Central projectconsidered a 55 000 t/y Stage 1 operation, increasing to 110 000 t/y during Stage 2. The project is currently undergoing a feasibility study.source: miningweekly.com