- Mozambique Mining: Communities paralyze Vale operation on Moatize Ii ACTIVITIES OF MINE II DA VALE IN MOATIZE
- Africa Oil & Gas: Nigerian Gas Tanker Explosion Kills At Least 35
- DR Congo: Exim Bank India Finances DRC Solar
- Zambia: Largest Solar Plant Complete
- Tanzania: Cabinet to Start Talks for $30B LNG Project
China’s imports of liquefied natural gas (LNG) surged in February as the country continued its switch from coal to natural gas as fuel for heating.
China imported 3.99 million tonnes of LNG, up 69 percent from February 2017, according to the General Administration of Customs data.
However, these imports dropped considerably when compared to the previous month that set a monthly record of 5.18 million tonnes due to warmer weather and less demand as the Lunar New Year holiday finished.
In total, the country’s LNG imports rose 58 percent for the first two months of this year to 9.15 million tonnes. source: LNG World News Staff