- Mozambique Mining: Communities paralyze Vale operation on Moatize Ii ACTIVITIES OF MINE II DA VALE IN MOATIZE
- Africa Oil & Gas: Nigerian Gas Tanker Explosion Kills At Least 35
- DR Congo: Exim Bank India Finances DRC Solar
- Zambia: Largest Solar Plant Complete
- Tanzania: Cabinet to Start Talks for $30B LNG Project
HARARE – Zimbabwe has changed its empowerment law to limit majority ownership by state entities to only diamond and platinum mines and not the entire mining sector as in previous legislation, according to a government notice.
The Indigenisation and Econmic Empowerment Act was designed to increase black Zimbabweans’ share of the economy but were opaque and open to abuse, to the detriment of foreign investor confidence, a situation that new President Emmerson Mnangagwa promised to change.source: Reuters