- Global Oil & Gas: 10 things you need might know about natural gas
- Mozambique Extractives: "Natural resources to be used in social justice" - President Nyusi
- Africa Oil & Gas: Sudan Wants ONGC Videsh To Withdraw Arbitration Over Oil Payment Dues
- Global Industry: Oilfield Service Sector to Hit Pre-Downturn Market Levels by 2024
- Mozambique Mining: Govt promotes fairs for the legal sale of precious stones
HARARE – Zimbabwe has changed its empowerment law to limit majority ownership by state entities to only diamond and platinum mines and not the entire mining sector as in previous legislation, according to a government notice.
The Indigenisation and Econmic Empowerment Act was designed to increase black Zimbabweans’ share of the economy but were opaque and open to abuse, to the detriment of foreign investor confidence, a situation that new President Emmerson Mnangagwa promised to change.source: Reuters