- Mozambique Mining: Savannah Resources begs for more with additional mining lease application
- Africa Oil & Gas: "Italy judge jails two in Nigeria oil graft case" - report
- Africa Oil & Gas: Nigeria LNG closes in on Train 7 gas supplies
- Mozambique Oil & Gas: Petrol and diesel 15% more expensive in country poorest regions
- Global Market: OPEC seeks a New Way Forward
The methanol plant in the Libyan oil port of Brega has stopped operations after an accidental explosion caused by a gas leak. According to Libyan officials, the plant will remain shut-in until safe operations can be guaranteed.
One worker was injured by the explosion,state-run NOC said.
Firefighters dealt with the blast, which could be heard across the surrounding area.