- Mozambique Mining: Communities paralyze Vale operation on Moatize Ii ACTIVITIES OF MINE II DA VALE IN MOATIZE
- Africa Oil & Gas: Nigerian Gas Tanker Explosion Kills At Least 35
- DR Congo: Exim Bank India Finances DRC Solar
- Zambia: Largest Solar Plant Complete
- Tanzania: Cabinet to Start Talks for $30B LNG Project
Statoil, the Norwegian energy company and operator of Europe’s only baseload LNG production plant at Hammerfest, is planning to change the name of the company to Equinor.
“The name change supports the company’s strategy and development as a broad energy company,” said Statoil. “The name Equinor is formed by combining ‘equi’, the starting point for words like equal, equality and equilibrium, and ‘nor’, signalling a company proud of its Norwegian origin,” explained the company.
Statoil Board Chairman Jon Erik Reinhardsen said the world is changing and so is Statoil. “The biggest transition our modern-day energy systems have ever seen is underway and we aim to be at the forefront of this development.
Our strategy remains firm. The name Equinor reflects ongoing changes and supports the always-safe, high-value and low-carbon strategy we outlined last year,” said Reinhardsen.