- Global Oil & Gas: 10 things you need might know about natural gas
- Mozambique Extractives: "Natural resources to be used in social justice" - President Nyusi
- Africa Oil & Gas: Sudan Wants ONGC Videsh To Withdraw Arbitration Over Oil Payment Dues
- Global Industry: Oilfield Service Sector to Hit Pre-Downturn Market Levels by 2024
- Mozambique Mining: Govt promotes fairs for the legal sale of precious stones
Statoil, the Norwegian energy company and operator of Europe’s only baseload LNG production plant at Hammerfest, is planning to change the name of the company to Equinor.
“The name change supports the company’s strategy and development as a broad energy company,” said Statoil. “The name Equinor is formed by combining ‘equi’, the starting point for words like equal, equality and equilibrium, and ‘nor’, signalling a company proud of its Norwegian origin,” explained the company.
Statoil Board Chairman Jon Erik Reinhardsen said the world is changing and so is Statoil. “The biggest transition our modern-day energy systems have ever seen is underway and we aim to be at the forefront of this development.
Our strategy remains firm. The name Equinor reflects ongoing changes and supports the always-safe, high-value and low-carbon strategy we outlined last year,” said Reinhardsen.