- Global Markets: LNG Buyers in Asia Look to Resell Supply
- Global Oil & Gas: EU Rules on Methane Curbs May Boost LNG Industry - Exxon
- Global Oil & Gas: Venture Global Accused of Reneging on LNG Contracts for Europe
- Global Oil & Gas: Oil Unchanged as Market Struggles for Direction
- Energy Transition: Projections of peak oil, gas, and coal demand before 2030 deemed ‘extremely risky and impractical’
Former ExxonMobil Corp head Rex Tillerson is being replaced by Mike Pompeo, director of the Central Intelligence Agency, as the US Secretary of State, US President Donald Trump has revealed.
Trump gave no reason for the replacement in a statement on social media platform Twitter but said Pompeo would do a ‘fantastic job’ in his new role.
Back in December 2016, then president-elect Trump named Tillerson as his choice for US Secretary of State. The former Exxon CEO spent more than 40 years at the supermajor.