- Africa Oil & Gas: After Kaombo, Total doubles down on African oil
- Africa Mining: South Africa Mining production increases 2.8% y/y in June
- Mozambique Mining: Syrah Balama fines circuit gets an upgrade
- Africa Oil & Gas: Libyan Oil Recovers, Exceeds 1 Million Bpd
- Africa: Angolan Govt sets up Installing Committee for the National Oil and Gas Agency
Former ExxonMobil Corp head Rex Tillerson is being replaced by Mike Pompeo, director of the Central Intelligence Agency, as the US Secretary of State, US President Donald Trump has revealed.
Trump gave no reason for the replacement in a statement on social media platform Twitter but said Pompeo would do a ‘fantastic job’ in his new role.
Back in December 2016, then president-elect Trump named Tillerson as his choice for US Secretary of State. The former Exxon CEO spent more than 40 years at the supermajor.