- Global Oil & Gas: 10 things you need might know about natural gas
- Mozambique Extractives: "Natural resources to be used in social justice" - President Nyusi
- Africa Oil & Gas: Sudan Wants ONGC Videsh To Withdraw Arbitration Over Oil Payment Dues
- Global Industry: Oilfield Service Sector to Hit Pre-Downturn Market Levels by 2024
- Mozambique Mining: Govt promotes fairs for the legal sale of precious stones
Top oil industry officials dismissed concerns about a rapidly approaching peak in oil demand at the CERAWeek Conference, but what was notable was how much climate change came up at the event.
In particular, Royal Dutch Shell’s (NYSE: RDS.A) CEO Ben van Beurden warned about the risks to the oil industry form climate change. “There may not be total unity behind the Paris Agreement any longer, but there is no other issue with the potential to disrupt our industry on such a deep and fundamental level,” van Beurden said.