- Mozambique Mining: Communities paralyze Vale operation on Moatize Ii ACTIVITIES OF MINE II DA VALE IN MOATIZE
- Africa Oil & Gas: Nigerian Gas Tanker Explosion Kills At Least 35
- DR Congo: Exim Bank India Finances DRC Solar
- Zambia: Largest Solar Plant Complete
- Tanzania: Cabinet to Start Talks for $30B LNG Project
In Nigeria, Asteven Group officially launched the first sub-Saharan Renewable Energy Academy in the country. Students of the academy will be trained green vendors, service providers, installers, technicians, and dealers in renewable energy technologies.
The development falls under efforts to help expand Nigeria’s renewable energy portfolio to secure its energy supply against growing demand. Dr Sunny Akpoyibo, CEO at Asteven Group said the academy will help improve the country’s renewable energy workforce in an effort to boost capacity generated locally and reduce reliance on energy imports.
Graduates will receive global certifications.