- Global Oil & Gas: 10 things you need might know about natural gas
- Mozambique Extractives: "Natural resources to be used in social justice" - President Nyusi
- Africa Oil & Gas: Sudan Wants ONGC Videsh To Withdraw Arbitration Over Oil Payment Dues
- Global Industry: Oilfield Service Sector to Hit Pre-Downturn Market Levels by 2024
- Mozambique Mining: Govt promotes fairs for the legal sale of precious stones
On Monday, the Ministry of Land, Environment and Rural Development brought together stakeholders promoting natural resources community management initiatives in Maputo, 20 years after the institutionalization of the community management policy.
Approximately 160 million meticais have been paid to communities in natural resource regions over the last three years. The government however acknowledges that challenges in involving the local population in the sustainable management of resources remain.
There is still a lot of work to be done, World Bank director Mark Lundell says. As a government partner, he has made US$ 4.5 million available to promote community involvement in Cabo Delgado and Zambézia.
The fifth conference of community management of natural resources has as its motto “Local communities at the centre of the sustainable management of natural resources for local and national development”. The event ends today. Source: O País