- Markets: The Next Wave of Global LNG Investment Is Coming
- Mozambique Mining: Kenmare to declare maiden dividend for H1 2019, strong Q3 ilmenite, zircon production
- Mozambique Oil & Gas: Sasol, Eni signs exploration contracts for PT5-C, A5-A blocks
- Markets: Global LNG Demand to Outperform
- Africa Mining: Zambian mining group says tax changes will hit mineral exploration
EGS Survey has commenced a major offshore hydrographic and geophysical survey for Anadarko’s Mozambique Area 1 (AMA1) LNG development. The survey is expected to last up to three months and involves deploying a range of hydrographic and geophysical survey tools in a remote environment.
Offshore operations include shallow and deep water high resolution geophysical and hydrographic surveys, utilizing EGS’ vessel RV Ridley Thomas and the recently acquired shallow daughter craft. The surveys will support onshore development of two liquefaction trains to be constructed by Anadarko-led Area 1.
EGS VP Chris Dougherty stated that EGS has worked closely with Anadarko in the time leading up to the commencement of field operations so that the team of 15 offshore geophysicists, surveyors and engineers can be as well prepared and safe as possible for the variety of survey tasks to be performed at the remote site.
EGS is a leading international group of companies that provides global specialist multi-disciplinary marine survey services and delivers solutions to the Oil and Gas, Telecommunications, and Energy & Renewables market sectors. Source: EGS