- Markets: The Next Wave of Global LNG Investment Is Coming
- Mozambique Mining: Kenmare to declare maiden dividend for H1 2019, strong Q3 ilmenite, zircon production
- Mozambique Oil & Gas: Sasol, Eni signs exploration contracts for PT5-C, A5-A blocks
- Markets: Global LNG Demand to Outperform
- Africa Mining: Zambian mining group says tax changes will hit mineral exploration
LUSAKA – Australian company EMR Capital plans to double production at Zambia’s Lubambe copper mine, a company official said on Wednesday after completion of EMR’s acquisition of a majority stake for $100-million.
“Our first task is to lift copper production to above 40 000 t and we want to do that in the next two years,” EMR Capital executive chairman Owen Hegarty told reporters.
Hegarty said EMR would also embark on a feasibility study in the next six months for the development of another mine within the Lubambe Copper Mine licence area over the next two years. source: Reuters