- Africa Energy: Zimbabwe Mnangagwa's Cabinet meeting disrupted by power cuts
- Africa Mining: "Increased urgency to improve SA mine health, safety" – Mineral Resources Minister
- Africa Energy: AfDB to provide €229m for Rwanda electricity programme
- Mozambique Mining: Indian Sol Mineração to start coal exploration by 2019
- Global Markets: Oil Traders Said to Mull Nigerian Proposal to Prolong Fuels Swap
US-based energy giant and LNG player, ExxonMobil has named a new head for its gas and power marketing unit after the current president Rob Franklin announced his intention to retire.
Franklin will retire as president of ExxonMobil Gas & Power Marketing Company as of March 1, 2018, after more than 35 years of service.
The board of directors of ExxonMobil has appointed Peter Clarke as the new president of the unit and elected him as a vice president of the corporation.
Clarke is currently vice president, international gas, ExxonMobil Gas & Power Marketing Company, and lead country manager for ExxonMobil businesses in the U.K.
He joined Esso Ireland in 1987 and has gained broad experience in the global natural gas business. He has held various management positions in ExxonMobil’s natural gas and LNG marketing organizations and has lived and worked in Asia, Europe and the U.S, according to ExxonMobil’s statement. source: LNGWordNews