- Mozambique Mining: Communities paralyze Vale operation on Moatize Ii ACTIVITIES OF MINE II DA VALE IN MOATIZE
- Africa Oil & Gas: Nigerian Gas Tanker Explosion Kills At Least 35
- DR Congo: Exim Bank India Finances DRC Solar
- Zambia: Largest Solar Plant Complete
- Tanzania: Cabinet to Start Talks for $30B LNG Project
Irish mining company Kenmare Resources has extracted record amounts of minerals at the Moma heavy sands project in northern Mozambique’s Nampula province, the company said in a statement announcing the operational and financial data for the fourth quarter and 2017.
The document reports that ilmenite production increased by 11% to 998,200 tons, by 9% for zircon to 74,000 tons and that heavy mineral concentrate fell 6% to 1.323 million tons, with exports increasing 2% to 1.04 million tons.
The company added that the prices of all minerals it sells increased in 2017 and that there is a favourable forecast for ilmenite and zircon demand throughout 2018.
Kenmare Resources is working to increase mining capacity due to reduced product quality in the Namalope region, with a US$19 million investment plan this year. (source: Macauhub)