- Africa Energy: Zimbabwe Mnangagwa's Cabinet meeting disrupted by power cuts
- Africa Mining: "Increased urgency to improve SA mine health, safety" – Mineral Resources Minister
- Africa Energy: AfDB to provide €229m for Rwanda electricity programme
- Mozambique Mining: Indian Sol Mineração to start coal exploration by 2019
- Global Markets: Oil Traders Said to Mull Nigerian Proposal to Prolong Fuels Swap
The Lulo diamond mine is continuing to yield large diamonds, with Lucapa Diamond Company reporting on Monday that it had recovered its ninth 100-ct-plus diamond at the Angola mine.
The ASX-listed company, which mines Lulo with partners Endiama and Rosas and Petalas, reported the discovery of a 103 ct light brown diamond and an 83 ct Type IIa diamond.