- Global Markets: Crude Rises as Mystery of Missing Saudi Critic Strains Alliance
- Africa Energy: Hydropower plants generate most of Angola energy
- Africa Energy: Malawi to receive power from Mozambique
- Africa Oil & Gas: Oil Pipeline Fire in Nigeria Kills 60
- Africa Energy: GE Power Wins Egypt’s El Dabaa Nuclear Gig
Egypt’s planned nuclear plant, El Dabaa, should see commercial operations star up in 2026 according to the country’s Minister of Electricity and Renewable Energy, Mohamed Shaker in a Amwal Al Ghad report. The plant will contain four nuclear units and be able to produce 4,800 MW of electricity.
The agreement for the construction of the El Dabaa nuclear plant was signed just days ago. The agreement is with Rosatom State Atomic Energy Corporation out of Russia and gives the Russian firm the green light to move forward on the plant.