- Africa Energy: Zimbabwe Mnangagwa's Cabinet meeting disrupted by power cuts
- Africa Mining: "Increased urgency to improve SA mine health, safety" – Mineral Resources Minister
- Africa Energy: AfDB to provide €229m for Rwanda electricity programme
- Mozambique Mining: Indian Sol Mineração to start coal exploration by 2019
- Global Markets: Oil Traders Said to Mull Nigerian Proposal to Prolong Fuels Swap
Workers downed tools on Friday demanding two bonuses, even though Vale increased the salaries of its workers by as much as 9% in 2016 raised salaries 15.6% this year.
Vale says the Moatize mine produced 5.5M metric tons of metallurgical and thermal coal in 2016.