- Africa Energy: Zimbabwe Mnangagwa's Cabinet meeting disrupted by power cuts
- Africa Mining: "Increased urgency to improve SA mine health, safety" – Mineral Resources Minister
- Africa Energy: AfDB to provide €229m for Rwanda electricity programme
- Mozambique Mining: Indian Sol Mineração to start coal exploration by 2019
- Global Markets: Oil Traders Said to Mull Nigerian Proposal to Prolong Fuels Swap
LUSAKA (Reuters) – The Tanzania-Zambia Railway Authority (TAZARA) said on Friday it had resumed transportation of copper which it halted on Tuesday after unionised workers went on strike.
“As unionized employees continue to stay away from work, we have mobilized management staff to run freight trains in the Zambian region,” TAZARA spokesman Conrad Simuchile said in a statement.
Reporting by Chris Mfula; Editing by James Macharia