- Mozambique Oil & Gas: Anadarko working on SPAs for Rovuma Area 1 block
- Africa Oil & Gas: Global Petroleum increases Namibian footprint
- Africa Oil & Gas: Saipem found guilty, Eni acquitted in Algeria graft case
- Africa Oil & Gas: BP Oil-Buying Spree Jolts Sleepy West African Crude Market
- Mozambique Energy: Cahora Bassa hydroelectric plant to invest €500 million in 10 years
In future, the group’s growth would be targeted towards opportunities in the areas of specialty chemicals, Southern African fuel retailing and gas and oil exploration and production in Mozambique and West Africa.
Chemicals and energy group Sasol is preparing to sell several assets, including its Canadian shale gas assets, following an overhaul of its corporate strategy.
Oil refining, GTL, commodity chemicals and renewable-energy were no longer viewed as growth drivers. Sasol would, however, seek to leverage renewable-energy to enable it to reduce emissions.(source: miningweekly)