- Global Markets: LNG Buyers in Asia Look to Resell Supply
- Global Oil & Gas: EU Rules on Methane Curbs May Boost LNG Industry - Exxon
- Global Oil & Gas: Venture Global Accused of Reneging on LNG Contracts for Europe
- Global Oil & Gas: Oil Unchanged as Market Struggles for Direction
- Energy Transition: Projections of peak oil, gas, and coal demand before 2030 deemed ‘extremely risky and impractical’
South32’s aluminium business remains strong, with the Mozal smelter, in Mozambique, having produced a record 271 000t of aluminum for the 2017 financial year.
With the price of various commodities having improved during the 2017 financial year, diversified miner South32 remains optimistic about the aluminium. Meanwhile, South32 had approved a $38-million energy efficiency project at Mozal aluminium.
The project is expected to deliver a 5%, or about 10 000 t/y, increase in production with no associated increase in power consumption.