- Mozambique Oil & Gas: Amarinth bags two Coral South FLNG contracts
- Africa Oil & Gas: "The never-ending battle for Libya’s Oil Crescent" - GRI reports
- Mozambique Oil & Gas: Moz LNG reassesses yards and shipowners
- Mozambique Oil & Gas: Govt to punish petrol stations for discounting prices
- Mozambique Oil & Gas: Amarinth secures API 610 pump orders for Coral South Development Project
South32’s aluminium business remains strong, with the Mozal smelter, in Mozambique, having produced a record 271 000t of aluminum for the 2017 financial year.
With the price of various commodities having improved during the 2017 financial year, diversified miner South32 remains optimistic about the aluminium. Meanwhile, South32 had approved a $38-million energy efficiency project at Mozal aluminium.
The project is expected to deliver a 5%, or about 10 000 t/y, increase in production with no associated increase in power consumption.